Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Why u should NOT make an Archer as main 
Wandering in the Tunnels

Have thanks: 11 times
Server: UK1 / EU1
Post Why u should NOT make an Archer as main
Hello fellas

i wana share some tips and info about archer so u can see how weak they are after last update:

Archer has THE WORST DAMAGE in whole diffrent classes
(apart of mobs resist)

Critical Strike (Barbar) = 320% dmg
Chi Punch (Sheed) = 285% in HP and 71% in mana
Mighty Blow (Knight) = 255%
Meteorite (Fire Mage) = 250%
Arson (Fire Mage) = 247%
Left Right (Sheed) = 245%
Bash (Druid) = 235%
Fire&Ice Arrow (Archer)= 230%
Haduoken (Sheed) = 210%
Quick Sash (Knight) = 170%
Precise Shot (Archer) = 170%

So if u wana do some dmg,Forget archer.
anyways, you kinda cant do anything solo bcoz of stam and mana usage. skogan can help alot (if u dont use current) But archer need Resist Rings everywhere.

another problem is, Debuff system, u rarely can use MAMA skill coz all mobs has good mental resist and even if u have 60knowledge as archer still u have like 30% chance with 5ap on Ice bosses (dont even think about higher runs :lol: ) and VD.DR,FM,KN, and even sheeds are hard to hit with that skill. (Poor barbs :D )
and about -AP, after last update u only can do -2 ap with Ice or Strategic shot (IF u land Ice, and IF ice work) in pvp (and even barbs can do -3ap for 3 round with Ram). talking about working debuff, Archer is the only class that u cant count on debuff even when u land ur arrow :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean u have only 24% chance for coldness and even that Poison Arrow fail u times to times coz it's 98% :lol:

Just imagine a 140class with epic,every class. Do u really wana be Archer?!
barb and fm can do Great dmg
druids can heal and root and never gonna need stam and mana
Vd is a beast who can do awesome debuff and kill with dr
and sheed,oh damn sheed! more ap, -50% stam usage and that fantastic Evasion

last words, they made :cry: ARCHER SUCK :oops:

28 Feb 2018, o 07:36
Wandering in the Tunnels

Have thanks: 16 times
Post Re: Why u should NOT make an Archer as main
Archer are de-buffers not damage dealers so no point comparing archer damage to barb or fm.

At 140 archers main job is to help vd land DR and if fm is in party then use SS on fm. Vd + archer is better in a fm party than vd + sheed just because of SS.

As for solo content, it depends on what it is you want to do. FM will always be gd on dummy worms, barb will always be good on lempos, vd will always be good on wisps and archers will always be good on yaks and ticks. If you are talking about Draugul, thats difficult on every class, its MADE to be difficult on every class. If u want to solo ice runs then you need to get an MRI done.

PvP wise every class has a counter, for example archers are OP against knights if u know what you are doing.

As for having a level 140 with an epic and full gear i would love to play archer, i think its the most fun class to play in this game even if its not my main. you want archer to be a damage dealer and then u compare it to druids who are healers... what do u want? 36 unique skills on a single char?

Edit:
P.S. Instead of complaining that the class you play is weak learn how to play it better.

if u want some runs i m usually free to do watever :)

"I was slackin' off in a corner 'cuz it's a hassle to get to my post, then right before my eyes, down plops my reward."

28 Feb 2018, o 16:36
Wandering in the Tunnels

Miyamoto Musashi was an expert Japanese swordsman, martial arts philosophy writer and rōnin. When he prooved he's The best,He got bored and start writing The book of five rings and explain why and how he became best swordsman (61 successful duels).
The point is,PVE with friends is easy and boring now.and archers,,,no1 do pvp anymore.
a druid can do most of runs with full gear at lvl 140 with a good pet pack, Even Ice run, so why an archer shouldnt do that?! and i dont wana be DD, i said some facts. archer got toooooooooooo nerfed

1 Mar 2018, o 18:35
Taernian with basic EQ

Have thanks: 2 times
Fire Arrow has the potential for 345% damage man. And with Precise shot and SS you get 340% half the time. That's like. 260% consistently. On top of that, you guys normally (or should rather) have more dex than other builds which gets added to damage. Idk why you even included knights in this comparison. In order to be viable, they need 160 know. Maybe 140 if you want to be a special snowflake. And on top of that they need epic to do any decent damage. Sure they have buffs but you can get those too. In terms of soloing stuff in PvE, you can still take away 3 ap consistently and blind the opponent. I've landed Yo Mama on many mobs after taking their AP away. And if you have something that Stupes like say... Snake. You can land much easier. Idk man. I think archers are pretty balanced. I only ever complained about Fire Mages Ice Resistance. That was so bad as a skill... Now I think the worst skill is probably quick slash. Just barely better than normal strike and tbh if you're smart you wouldn't level it. Tbh it might just be my bias as a knight but I think it doesn't make sense for a non-DD to have a low resource less damage substitute to a far superior skill. I'd much rather have another support skill or maybe some CC like a shield bash. Or maybe... make it so Shield Block doesn't decrease the hit rate of Quick Slash since I think a Knight should be able to strategically poke at an enemy from behind his shield. It makes sense Mighty Blow accuracy would be affected though.

13 Mar 2019, o 22:06
Wandering in the Tunnels

Canine,dude! trust me! I been playing on archer last 6 years,I got best gear on server and pretty sure I'm best archer so far,and stil I made a knight coz its more fun! and every1 needs kn for run or pvp, but archers... basicly sheed is fav debuffer for barb and the rest wants a vd who can do more debuffs, and about -ap! dude its worthless on big runs,i mean u shoud do admiral,selena and stuff to get my point.and UR MAMA?!u cant land that useless attack on any big mobs, only 5ap att gives u around 20-30% at best conditions xD and that fire arrow...that 24% burning chance means nothing! U can ask that from those who do Admiral with me and see I do like 25-30 fire attack to get 1 burning most of the times :) to be sure I'm right or no just answer this question,

IF you could choose any class with Epic plus Selena+Admiral+Dragul+lugus gear would you choose archer? :lol: and as an archer with those gear, I think I go with Druid,Sheed coz they are best for sure,then Fm,KN,Vd,Barb and Archer going to be my last choice :)

17 Mar 2019, o 04:37
Taernian with basic EQ

Have thanks: 2 times
Well in terms of viability I suppose I see your point. Barbarians do want Sheeds and then for any other combination Voodoos are better. The only combo it might be better is for groups centered around Fire Mages which you can give Sharpshooter to and there's weak mental attacks. Archers are typically add-on debuffers for any runs particularly ones with Sheeds. If I had to choose a class just off of viability or what's most needed/wanted or best on paper... I'd also go with Druid. Druid with Lantern is the most broken thing in the game. I really wish other epics were done like druids. Epics should change mechanics imo. Knights could use an extra shield block, etc. But that's another topic.

As for the actual debuffs, negative ap in PvP is broken. That's why it was nerfed a bit. Still strong. In PvE it is slightly weaker but I think it still makes a difference. When Red rams something when we duo it makes a huge difference. Traveler, Gnawk, whatever it is definitely changes it's presets and I like it. A lot. The other debuffs aren't anything special I will admit. Pin that hits after ranged is meh compared to Voodoo's. Yo Momma is difficult to hit so in most instances it's not worth it especially when most druids max Warcry anyways. Poison is poison. Wound is very nice imo. Cold aura is unreliable.

But regardless of all that. I still think I'd choose Archer followed by a Fire Mage (if I got to keep my knight lol). Archer class just has so much appeal to me. And at the end of the day it's a game and should be fun. I think Archer is the best solo class in the game tbh. It can has both physical and magical damage. It has all three types of attacks and debuffs. The archer is the jack of all trades. It even has some AOE damage. In other words, we have two support classes, two debuffers classes, two damage classes, and then the special case Archer which can fit into any of those. Obviously when you are good at everything, you aren't the best at anything but I really enjoy the class nevertheless.

17 Mar 2019, o 05:46
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]